Saturday, February 4, 2012

DC Part 2

Sunday morning we woke up and went to church. At the National Cathedral! I'm so glad we went, I had never been to Mass before, so it was really cool to see how they did everything. This was Brad's favorite stained glass window. On top of the Cathedral you could walk around. The architecture was just beautiful. Reminded me of Europe.Arlington Cemetery. Such a special place!! These guys are amazing for all that they do (all soldiers that is) Saw the Changing of the guards




Sisterly lovinSo many graves Walking the streets of Georgetown. Outside of Sprinkles Cupcakes Our cupcakes, not as good as Gigi's in Georgia or even Coco bean in Rexburg. Monday morning I got to practice Topi's hair more!! I Love doing hair!! Especially hers, it's so soft and perfectly thick! We headed to the Capitol building for a tour. This used to be the front entrance to the Capitol building. Tori jumping in the very center of Washington DC!!








Brad somehow secretly stuck these stickers on my bum, after our tour of the Capitol building...And I walked around with them on... Probably for at least 10 minutes... hahaNot happy... jk, I didn't care.



The stickers were then used in a sticker war between everyone. I think this is after I stuck mother. I love my mommy!!

On the Capitol stairsI just loved Connor's jump! hahahahaha....

Saw the Hope Diamond and many others!! We also stopped by the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, but your not allowed to take pictures of them anymore! :( When I went a two years ago to DC we could as long as there was no flash, but not no more. At least I got my pictures then!

Where Abe was shot, still set up as it was back in the day for the President. The chair Lincoln sat in when he was shot in the head. (The one closest to the camera)



Tori "lying" in the bed that Abe died in. His beds were always short for him, he would have to lay diagonally.Here we are on the subway, had to snap a quick picture, cause it was Brads first time on the subway.

We enjoyed lots of hot cocoa in the executive lounge of the hotel.

Whenever we had to drive somewhere in DC the girls were stuck in the back. We enjoyed our squishy time together though. :)


The last night we enjoyed some Cheesecake factory in our hotel rooms! :) What a great way to end a great trip. Thanks mommy and Papi for the wonderful Christmas break!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had an amazing time! Your family is always doing such fun things!!!

    ReplyDelete