Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fall Ball

Finally catching up to date, kind of. School started WAY back in September and took off at a sprint!! Obviously it has been extremely busy. For my own remembrance this is my schedule: (in military time, cause that's all I use now and it makes more sense.)


  • Monday- 1100-1800 Lab and ambulance Ops. (we do fake scenarios and drive the school ambulances to the scene in our groups of 3)


  • Tuesday- 7:45-1400 Cardiology, Preparatory, and Airway... all in the SAME classroom!! blah...


  • Wednesday 1100-1400 Then we drive down to Idaho Falls for clinical 1500-21:30, and then we drive home.


  • Thursday- 7:45-1400 Cardiology, Preparatory, and Patient assessment


  • Friday- NO CLASS!! YAY! Except this day is used to study because every weekend I have a cardiology test, and usually a test from one of the other classes.



Fridays are also possible shift days where I go down to Idaho falls @ 7-2200; that happens twice this semester. Once a week I try to fit in a clinical. Either the IF one, One at Madison Ambulance, or Madison ER. I have to have 5 shifts at Madison ambulance, and 2 at Madison ER. My ER shifts are from 1800-600... oy vey. Those stink, or the times I have to sleep at the fire station. Those are pretty bad too, I hate being away from Brad!! I have learned SO much though and am still loving every second of it!! :) Technical skills we've passed off:



  • IV's (probably my favorite!)


  • Intubation


  • Shots


  • Various ACLS scenarios



Not that much, but each one takes at least a week to practice and pass off, cause we only practice these in lab time. These are all of my books I had to buy. Besides school we got to enjoy the wonderful Fall weather while it was here. We went on a walk on the only trail in Rexburg, by the river!! :)
Oooohhh, so pretty!
I love the few from our apartment, especially these mornings!!

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so awesome and sound super busy! The semester is almost over! hang in there! love you both!

    ReplyDelete