Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hair, buh bye

A couple weeks ago we found out that our nephew Carter, 5 years old, has Leukemia. This news hit Bradley pretty hard, Carter was the first nephew and they've always had a special thing together. (Carter's middle name is Bradley) It was only a few days later when everything was confirmed about the Leukemia that Brad was going to shave his head when Carter lost his hair. That day has come!!! We shaved it off this afternoon with Carter and family on skype. So here's the before and afters!

Before During- having fun with shaving all the hairAfterWe've now decided he looks like an NBA basketball player, Gortat!! Minus a foot in height and 100 lbs of muscle :)Brad attempting to be serious... I volunteered to help for this one even tho we look nothing alike... haha We love you Carter and your new do!!! We're glad Brad can share it with you. We're always thinking of you and praying. To read his story go here.

7 comments:

  1. The picture in my head of Brad being bald is definately not as flattering as Brad actually being shaved headed. It looks good Brad, you are such a good uncle. Ben has decided that if Bryan does it, he will do it.
    LOVE the last picture, I was wondering how a girl got into the NBA or how a boy got into the WNBA, then I realized it was just you two!
    You are such a good uncle and aunt! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoaaaa!!! he does look like a nba playa! That is so sweet of him to do that with his nephew :) wow though he looks so different! and I LOVE the re-enactment photos hahah you guys are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my golly, I love you guys so much! really really great pics. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously love you two! Thanks for being brave enough to go bald...your are an amazing aunt and uncle and I know there is a little boy who is so appreciative that Uncle Brad was willing and Aunt Jessi was willing to help him...your other pix made me laugh like crazy. love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brad, you are awesome. Jessi i don't know what you are talking about you totally look like that guy! JK Come on he totally has shorter than you. :) Haha JK for reals. You look nothing alike.I love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look great brad! We will be shaving Trevins hair as well all though he doesn't have nearly as much hair as you did! You guys are awesome love ya tons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite part of that post, actually I have two faves, but my MOST fave is that you said "our" nephew. Not Bradley's... but yours too. That makes me happy that you consider him yours. Because we all know my kids ADORE you. (some may even prefer you to your cute hubby ;)). And Bradley does look like that NBA player but Bradley is WAY better looking. Bradley is so cute with or without hair. And his personality bumps his looks up a million fold. We love you guys and it meant the WORLD to Carter. Seriously. He will remember that skyping forever and ever. Long after everyone has hair again. :)

    ReplyDelete