Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Can't get any better than him

Bradley has been the most wonderful husband ever!! First mother's day came, and he came home from work with some gorgeous flowers! Even though I'm not a mom yet, he just figured that one day I would be, so this was good practice!
We got to watch one of the Lillies slowly open over 2 days! Flowers are amazing. Then just last week we celebrated our 2 months. I came home form my chiropractor appointment and he had made breakfast! :)
How adorable!! :) The whip cream was super fluffy but kind of died by the time we got the picture. Brad has also been willing to go to all these places I want to explore. We went out to Susie Q's on Saturday. A malt/burger place, which was pretty good.It's a little building you drive up to, and order at a window. It seemed kind of sketch and run down, but seemed like it would be a real genuine kind of burger place; which it was.
The past few nights it's been warm enough outside that the fireflies come out in the fields. We'll go stand by the field and watch for them, they light up real fast then die, light up then die. So it's always tricking watching them cause they just pop out everywhere. So one night as we were walking to our apartment one flew in front of us. Of course I got excited and Brad started following it until he caught it! :) We brought him inside and put him in some tupperware.
We tried turning out the lights to see him, but he would only light up if we shook the tupperware a little. After we had our fun we released him back outside. Then this morning Brad got up early with me and went to the Botanical Gardens. They had about 7-8 different styled gardens we were able to explore. The Children's Garden was our favorite, they had lots of bridges, fake trees to climb in, and neat plants decorating it.
Those were all in the Children's Garden. We also had fun with random sculpted things they had around each garden.

Brad almost flew away on his Nimbus 5000! We also saw beautiful flowers, a giant bee, and a bunny. :) I'm so glad Brad has been such a trooper and come exploring with me, caught a firefly, and just always shows his love for me! He's the best man I could ever ask for! :) Plus he is always willing to take ridiculous pictures with me! :)

On Sunday we received our calling to be one of the new sunbeam teachers, which we are so jazzed about! I also just got a job at quizno's, sadly I'm only doing training from 11-2 this week so I come home and still have the whole day to be by myself. At least I'm earning some money, and the hours will pick up next week.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Brad. Congrats on the job! I hope it helps the days go by faster and the money of course never hurts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And a happy birthday to you deary!
    Love the post, love you guys!
    About your previous spider post...I know this great guy who sells pest control, you should talk to him about your problem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute!! I love how adventurous the two of you are! I am really hoping there are places like that in Nebraska that we can go explore!!!

    ReplyDelete