Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cruisin' Part 2

Grand Cayman Island!

This island was SWEET! We got our own private boat to take out to stingray city and 2 reef spots. Here we are at STINGRAY CITY Here I am holding the stingray. I LOVE these animals! It was so awesome and majestic to swim with them. Brad also got to hold it and we both fed them. There mouths were so weird. You'd put your hand down with the squid and they would come up and suck it out of your hand basically. If you didn't let go in time you would feel it's teeth! Brad and I weren't very good at feeding them, so basically everytime our fingers would get sucked in a little. It ws like touching a broad combed vacuum.The picture I got swimming with the stingrayThen we went on to a great barrier reef. Not THE great barrier reef, just one of them I guess. haha. Here we are getting into the water to explore some more.

I just think this one is so funny... I love seashells! So while out exploring Brad finds this beautiful Conch shell, too bad the snail was still inside. But I loved it, so I swam all the way back to the boat to ask if we could keep it somehow. The captain told me that there were TONS just aound the boat that were empty we could take. I took the one I had back out and dropped it down. As soon as I looked around there were seriously TONS of empty conch shells all over the sea floor!! I then looked for the prettiest pink I could find before diving down to retrieve it. I think everyone in my family grabbed at least two. This is the lobster the guide tried to grab for us. haha, he ended up ripping one of his antenna things off, but we got some great pictures of it! Thank you guide! :)Then we went to a second reef to swim. There were tons of fish, and more stingray! We had so much fun!! We also got to jump off our boat.
Then we headed back to the boat to celebrate the New Year!
At dinner we asked for some kind of sparkling cider, as long as it was alcohol free... this is what we got, twas very interesting.
Took some fancy pictures before we changed and got comfortable for the night.
After we changed we noticed that Brad and my dad sorta matched, so we snuck the picture! hahaTo celebrate we went to the Royal Promenade. This place was packed full from end to end! We found our spot under the balloon drop and waited.

Look at all the wine classes!
There were tons of people, and it was extremely hot. One of the highlihgts was I witnessed my first fight! We danced and talked till the balloon drop!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Woke up in Cozumel

B-E-A-Utiful

We went on a tour of Mayan ruins on four wheelers, then to a beach to wash off and snorkel. I'm in front as always for these trips! :) This was a Mayan watering hole?! Supposedly it was 60 feet deep and connected to other watering holes in the area. We also saw a Mayan cave, where they would camp under to stay out of the rain.

And the lovely Navigator of the Sea! Oh, how we miss you!! After perusing the shops we got back on the boat. The last day was a day at sea. We played more family games, watched the ice dancing show, watched a chef carve some ice, and enjoyed all the wonderful food we could get our hands on! We loved being with the family and miss them, the beatiful water, and boat life oh so much! Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. After looking at all your pictures and reading about all the fun things you guys did i miss boat life too. I can't imagine actually getting to be there!! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your adventures! It was so fun to read and see all the fun things you were able to experience....so happy for you and love you guys! Mom W

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so jealous of your trip, it's deffinitly making me crave the sun! you look so cute!

    ReplyDelete