Saturday, January 15, 2011

Cruisin' Part 1

Monday December 27th we got up early and left for Daytona Beach Florida!!! :D My old stomping grounds from 2 years ago with my friends. I missed them dearly, but it was great to have the family!
My friends Addison, Brittany, and Alyssa

Ah, Beautiful Daytona!! Love love Love!! The Next morning we finished the drive to Fort Lauderdale. We raced through check- in and explored the levels of the boat. Then enjoyed a nice sway from the waves that night as we ate dinner and went to bed. :) We woke up in the Bahamas
Day 1- Coco Cay, Bahamas

A private Island the cruise line uses

On the boat ride over

Super excited to get to shore

First thing we did was set up our spot and went out into the water! We had to walk through a bunch of short seeweed to get to a sand bar where lots of people were exploring the water. (Brad and Garrett both stepped on some type of sea urchin and got some kind of needle's in their foot. :( poor guys, they are currently still in his foot.) The sand bar was about 100+ yards. off shore and the water only went up to your knees for a LONG time. Along the edges of the sand bar and the seeweed there was a lot of sea life. We all got empty snail shells that are beautiful and pink inside! Some of them still had the snails in them, some had crabs. We also found a giant star fish, a couple baby star fish, some random animals that we don't know what they were, a baby lobster, a sea cucumber, a sting ray, lots of fish, and 4 small sharks!!! (Brad saw them all) I was so excited when I saw the first baby shark. My mom pointed it out and I started running towards it to get a closer look! I couldn't believe there was an actual shark! Later Brad went back into the water with goggle's and saw three more. My mom and I ran out when he saw them and we got to see 2 of them, only 5 ft. away! It was amazing! Sharks are still my biggest fear, but these were only babies and the water was only up to my knees. I figured I could take it out if it attacked.
Took some lovey dovey pictures with my love!Played Leap Frog
Connor and Brad dug a tunnel, then Brad volunteered to be buried in it!
Loved the sand some moreFormal Night So to be a part of the family you have to try escargot. Brad and Valerie officially joined! They didn't think it was too bad either!Enjoying the night!Day 2- at Sea
Played family competition games
Watched the Belly Flop competition- this is the first guy, he should have won.

Went rock climbing, 200 ft. above sea levelDinner was excellent that night cause mom got 3 meals! haha, and we got 2 desserts each! The food was so good! Babu (our head waiter) was always very helpful. If you couldn't make up your mind he'd bring you both, or all three. :) (Mummy had help in finishing her meals too)
Creme Brulee, and the Chocolate trio!
This post is super long, so that's all till next time!

4 comments:

  1. Well it's about time Popeye and Olive, we've been dying to see your sail!!
    Looks like SO much fun, thanks for the details, they are so fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that starfish is amazing!!! I've never seen one in real life, not even on our cruise! And I love the kissy sunset picture; ceee-uuuute. Looks like ya had a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Does Brads foot hurt? Poor kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine why you guys miss this when you have the winter wonderland in Rexburg?! This really does look amazingly fun and very delicious.

    ReplyDelete