Sunday, June 20, 2010

Papi

The most recent craft I did was inspired by my father and one of his wise teachings. My dad has always taught us how to spend our money wisely, how to save, and how to keep track of our spending. He tried to get us to use his Quicken program in High School so we'd have some idea of how we spent our money, but I never cared for that. In college I attempted to keep track of it on an excel spreadsheet he made. Now that I'm married I can see how important it is to keep track of all our spending. Especially since we have to use our receipts in the future. My dad has kept ALL of his receipts in envelopes labeled with the month and year. (Maybe not all, but I'm pretty sure he has most of them) Brad and I have kept most of our receipts and try to use Excel to keep track of spending a little. All the receipts kept piling up in our drawer though, so finally I took my dad's idea of the envelopes! I just gave them a little sugar and spice. :)B-E-A-UTIFUL! haha, well they get the job done at least. Now all are receipts are organized from the first of the month to the last! Thanks for all your lessons of knowledge Papi, I'm so grateful I know how to save and keep track of my money. You've been a great example and I hope we can pattern our lives after what you have taught me. Happy Fathers Day Papi! :)

1 comment:

  1. this is so cute! what a good tribute to your dad for fathers day. love the pics :)

    ReplyDelete